We needed a tool to make a questionnaire for school. I couldn’t find a good open source one so I made one. It’s not really finished, only the front office, it doesn’t have an admin interface. So don’t expect much of it. But it’ll do the job for you.
Webserver with PHP and MySQL support. PhpMyAdmin would be handy to insert and administer the question.
- database driven, you can change add/alter questions in the db
- 3 types of questions are possible : Open questions, Radiobox options (only one possible), Checkbox options (multiple options possible)
- Skip a few questions looking at the answer. F.e. if he answers “no” on question 4 he’ll go directly to question 8.
- Put an answer into a session and use it in the next questions by putting “**” in the question field in the db.
- View the results on a webpage, export the results to excel
- View the questions
- Make a question obligated to answer
- Progress bar
- Easy to change the value of the submit button
How to install?
- Upload all the files to your server
- Run the enkiti.sql files in your database, so our tables are made.
- Open up config.php
- Change your database configuration
- Change the number of questions your questionnaire will be.
- Change the admin login & pass
- Go to the database table enk_questions and add the questions.
Explanation table enk_questions.
- ID: Just a unique key
- Intro_txt: An intro txt, will only be visible if not empty
- Question: The question, if a session is set in an earlier question you can use “**” and it will be changed by the session that is set.
- Question_nr: This is the arrangement of the question, question 1 will become before 2, logic é !
- Sumbit_txt: The value of you submit button specifically for that question.
- Type: open – gives a text area for entering the answer , option – gives you a radiobox, only one answer possible , m_option – checkbox, multiple options possible .
- Skip_to: if the value of the answer = skip_if skip to the this question number.
- Skip_if: If the answer on this question is yes, skip_to question 5.
- Take_session: if this is set to 1, he keeps the answer in a session, so you can use it in next questions as “**”.
- Check: validate if an answer is set.
- Option_nr: the number of options you’ve set
- option0 -> option15: put the different answer options here
Admin: use the login and pass from config.php
- view.php : view the answers a session in a table -> export to excel
- questions.php : view the questions that are in the db
I’ll put one online soon…
You can use and re-use this freely. But remember this isn’t tested fully and isn’t bugfree. If you made some improvements, please contact me.